2.25.2013

the test

TYLER!!!!!!!!!! I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!
I'M PREGNANT!! WE'RE PREGNANT!!! I'M PREGNANT!!
That is what my deep sleeping husband woke up to 
on Thursday, January 17th at 4:30 am.
He jumped straight out of bed and started running around like the house was on fire...
Shaking uncontrollably,
I showed him tried to show him the test...
and for the next 3 hours
(until we both had to start getting ready for work and school)
we hugged,
we cried,
we laughed,
we goofy grinned,
we said (repeatedly) "no way..."
and we sat on the bed and stared at the little white stick that said "pregnant."
 I have no clue what made me take the test.
I avoided pregnancy tests like the plague...
because they always made me sad.
But I guess after getting up to pee for the 12 millionth time,
I remembered there was one lonely, dust covered test under the sink....
and thought, why not?
I've never been so surprised in my entire life.
On my way to school that morning,
I convinced myself that the test had malfunctioned.
That the "not" part was broken.
So I stopped at Walmart and bought 2 more.
I took one in the Walmart bathroom...classy, I know.
 it turned immediately...and I screamed so loud that a cashier came in and asked if I was ok.
Then I took one in my school's bathroom
and it turned just as fast.
CRAZY!
The next day I made an appointment for a blood test...
holy dark red line!
Then I knew.
Then I believed.
We're really having a baby.
My mind is blown.
I had tests that showed I had no eggs...
and that my ovaries were dead.
I am so overwhelmed by how incredible God is.
If you are struggling with infertility,
don't ever lose hope or your faith.
I was told that this was impossible...
but it sure doesn't look impossible to me.



17 comments:

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

I LOVE IT!! I took a super cheap one during my lunch break one day without really have a reason to. It turned SUPER fast, but since it cost like fifty cents, I didn't believe it either. I rushed to Target after work, bought a digital one and took it in the Target bathroom. :)

Still super excited for you!

Dash Interiors said...

Oh my gosh!! Congrats!! I love that you took so many tests your darling!

Unknown said...

haha I love all the tests!! Congratulations!!!!! It's such a wild, crazy, amazing ride! I'm so happy for you! :)

Whitney Leigh said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!! oh my gosh! I'm going to be a blog aunt!! :) I am so so happy, especially given the circumstances! yay yay yay!
Tell Tyler nice work. :)
love you guys!

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

How very exciting! Congratulations! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Amanda said...

This gives me hope. My sweet husband had cancer when he was 12. We were told in August of 2011 that it is impossible for us to have children of our own, I am heart broken. :'( I wrote about it on my blog if you would like to read our story. Love you friend. I pray this moment happens for us.

Unknown said...

So beautiful. Congrats!!!

Shauna said...

Congrats to you!!
Everything that is meant to me will always find its way To you. Enjoy this special time. xx Shauna {www.shaunawyrick.com}

Lindsay said...

I don't think this could've of happened to better people! Yay for amazing blessings! Am I right or what?!

Congrats times a million! :)

Lindsay

Emily said...

Aw, God is SO good. :) Congratulations. So happy for you both!! Keep us updated!

Lauren said...

When we first found out we were pregnant I did the same thing. It just seemed to wonderful to be real. Congratulations on your little blessing.

JJ said...

so excited for you both. I can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey.

Kim Bird said...

Oh! That post made me tear up!
CONGRATS to the both of you!
What a miracle !

#mommylife said...

lol love it! And girl you know how to get our emotions goin! I'm so happy for you guys!!

me said...

I just found your blog... Congrats!!! Such wonderful news, totally smiling for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's the best news :')

Rachel Zimm said...

what an amazing story! I love that you took the test in the Walmart bathroom. God is so good.
floral&fudge