8.15.2013

from Tyler to Daddy

Besides watching miss Adi grow and move inside my belly,
what has been  my favorite thing about pregnancy?
My husband.
The man who has never been around an infant.
The man who I find (often) standing in front of Adi's closet with tears in his eyes.
The man who is madly in love with the tiny girl in my uterus,
but is terrified that he is going to break her neck off.
He's been my favorite.
Especially here recently.
At our last baby appointment, my doctor made a statement that has caused my husband to have sleepless, upset stomach, and nervous diarrhea-filled nights, ever since.
You need to start watching for signs of labor because she could make her appearance ANYTIME.
I was extremely excited to hear that.
Tyler looked like he was about to pass out.

He has his bag packed, he packed his "manly" diaper bag, the car is constantly filled with gas, he calls me/texts me 1000 times a day, and like I said....he hasn't slept a wink.

It's the cutest/sweetest/funniest thing I've ever watched.

The night before last, I got into the shower at 11pm.
He ran into the bathroom.
Autumn, why are you taking a shower so late??? Are you ok??
I'm fine, I just used dry shampoo this morning...and I don't want to have nasty hair when I go to the hospital.
YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL?!!? ARE YOU IN LABOR!?
No babe. I'm just being prepared.

I slept like a log that night.
Tyler didn't sleep at all....and he puked.

Even though I giggle at a lot of the things he's been doing,
I have never been more in love with my husband.
Watching him turn into a Daddy....
it absolutely melts my heart.
I can't wait to see him hold Adi in his arms for the first time.
My heart just might burst.

5 comments:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Aaawww... What a sweet post! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Anonymous said...

Possibly the cutest thing ever.

Amanda said...

This is so precious :) :) so excited for the two of you &cant wait to "meet" Adi!!!

Emily said...

Aw....SO sweet. Hopefully is nerves calm down soon so he can sleep while he has the chance! :D

Laynah said...

Okay this is hilarious and so cute. You know sometimes you come across a post that's so funny you have to read it out loud to whoever is in the room with you? This was one of those. Love it.