I have a few facebook friends that have blogs, and I have always admired them. I always thought it would be awesome to have a blog of my own...but I could never "find the time." I finally realized that I would never start a blog of my own if I waited to "find the time"...because that is an unrealistic saying. So, I've decided to MAKE time to have a blog of my own...and I'm pretty excited about it.
I got married on August 6, 2011 and it has been an awesome (almost) 5 months. I've already learned a lot about being married and I can't wait to keep learning. Like it says in my about me, I was (and still am) so excited to be Mrs. Tyler Ingram and to be a wife. Mrs. has a much bigger definition than just being married and if you think about it, there is A LOT of difference between the Mrs. who has been married for 50 years, 20 years, 10 years, 5 years...and the Mrs. who has been married for 5 months:) Therefore, this blog is about my life: me learning new things, discovering new things, and laughing about things.
Here are some examples of some funny things that have happened since I became Mrs. Tyler Ingram:
1. We went on a cruise to the Bahamas and while on the cruise, I developed HORRIBLE hives that lasted almost 2 days. This resulted in us having to go to the medical center on the ship about 6 times and me having to get numerous shots from an extremely scary nurse. She scared us to death which resulted in Tyler thinking that my throat was going to swell shut in my sleep and that I was going to die....although he didn't express this fear, he also didn't sleep at all those 2 nights. He stayed up, watched me breathe, and woke me up every 15 minutes to make sure I was still alive..haha..bless his heart. We laugh a lot about that now.
2. I caught an extremely hot skillet on fire by drizzling oil in it. Before you get too "omg, she didn't know not to do that?" I would like to add that we got this cool glass oil drizzler at one of our showers...and I wanted to use it...I'm sure someone had told me at some point not to put oil in a hot skillet...and I promise that after I looked around to see my skillet engulfed in HUGE flames, I remembered. So I ran outside with the flaming skillet and handed it to Tyler...while he was laughing really really hard.
3. Most recently (2 days ago) I was making cookies and was in a hurry. I grabbed a small mixing bowl and put my stick of butter in it so I could melt it a little in the microwave. I put the bowl in the microwave for 15 seconds...after about 6 seconds, I heard an awful noise...something that reminded me of a scifi movie...I looked around and saw huge sparks in the microwave and then BOOM 4 holes in the window of the microwave. At that moment I realized that the little mixing bowl was metal.
4. For some reason I CAN'T make muffins from the muffin mix that you just add milk to...THEY BURN TO A CRISP. No matter what I do...they burn. They hate me.
5. Our first "fight" happened in Knoxville, TN. After we checked into the hotel, we decided to find the mall. We plugged the address into the GPS and away we went. 40 minutes later we still weren't there and Tyler was missing exits because the GPS was hateful. Needless to say, Tyler wasn't a very happy husband. I was trying my best to keep positive and be encouraging...but before long both of us were in BAD moods. We finally got to the mall...go in and shop...come out...get to our car...look over...and guess what we saw? Our hotel sign. If we had just gone left instead of right when we pulled out of our hotel, it would have literally taken us 5 minutes or less to get to the mall. hahaha.
Anyway, those are just a few things that have happened. I know there will be many more memories made and many more things to learn. Can't wait to share them with you!