6.22.2012

Are you wearing pants?

There are 3 AWESOME things about today.
1. IT'S FRIDAY!
2. I'm speaking at the local Relay for Life this evening!
3. Another one of my amazing bloggie friends is guest posting for me!
Her name is Mrs. Robinson,
and we have a lot of extremely important things in common.
likeeeeee
we are both trying to get used to the crazy, awesome, embarrassing, hilarious, and FUN married life
AND
we have the same wedding dress!!!
Those two things,
along with many others,
are what made me believe we could be long lost sisters.
She blogs over at My New Wife Life,
but today,
she hanging out with us!
Have you ever wanted to know when the honeymoon is over?
You're about to find out! 



Hey.  You can call me Mrs. Robinson.


Sorry for the formality, but I don't reveal our first names on my blog, My New Wife Life, for privacy reasons.  Plus, if I go by "Mrs. Robinson" I can use the phrase "coo-coo-kachoo" pretty often, which is cool.  If you don't know what that means, you should watch this video:





Anyway, I got married to my Mister on September 10, 2011.  Hopefully I can make you laugh in Autumn's absence by telling you three hints that mean the honeymoon phase is over.  :)

The first hint that the honeymoon is over is.... you or your husband poop with the door open.
For the record, I have yet to do this.  I'll probably never muster up the courage, if that's what you'd call it, to poop with the door open.  When we were dating, he pooped the very first time he came to my apartment.  I was absolutely appalled.  Our relationship has evolved because now he poops with door open...and sometimes we talk while he poops.  I mean, why not?  Alright...enough about poop.  

The second hint that the honeymoon is over is....your husband saves his ingrown hairs to show you.
This has only happened once, but I put this hint on the same page as husbands blowing snot rockets into the toilet, in the shower, or just outside in the yard.  Also equivalent to him picking his nose.  I guess the honeymoon is surely over if the wife is doing these things, but I do not do these things either.  All Mr. Robinson on these...uh...elements of marriage.  Moving on! 

The third hint that the honeymoon is over is....when your husband asks "are you wearing a diaper" in reference to your wearing a pad because your out of tampons or when your husband asks "are you wearing pants" in reference to your leg hair.
Well, I couldn't very well just make my husband out to be some gross caveman, could I?  I have two flaws, myself.  And yes, that figure is my total number of flaws in case you're wondering.  Sometimes pads are just...nice.  You know what I mean.  That added protection is unmatched by anything else.  So what if they sound like diapers when you move around?  And as for the leg hair issue...I mean...if my husband went into marriage expecting me to shave my legs every day, he had unrealistic expectations.  Just sayin'.  






I could go on and on about the different hints my husband sends me to tell me that our honeymoon phase is over a mere 9 months after our wedding, but I don't want to bash the guy too bad.  He has his good qualities.  He's handsome, funny, strong-willed, tattooed, and loves Jesus.  He's everything I ever wanted.  And I love our marriage.  Most days.  There are plenty of things we do that say "the honeymoon is over" ... but as long as we love each other and stay hot for each other, it's all gravy baby.  :)    

sig-1-1



Oh Mrs. Robinson,
I just realized another reason I think we are sisters...
You used the word poop 6 times in your post and you're not ashamed!
and I also wear diapers and pants.
It's gettin real up in here, yo!
I think this was the perfect way to end the week.
poop, diapers, ingrown hairs, snot rockets, diapers and pants.
I laughed so hard my eyes watered.
Thank you so much for posting today!!!

Love is wonderful, isn't it? 
 Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Autumn,
Loving all of the guest posts! I've been trying to find new blogs to read this week and your blog has been great for that!

Mrs. Robinson,
My husband will not pluck some of his ingrown neck hairs until I've seen them. I've even been asked to "get them" for him with the tweezers because I'm "better at it". TMI? Maybe. Honeymoon over? YUP!
But you can always go back to the honeymoon so that's fine too!

Mrs. Robinson said...

Haha - the things we do for our husbands! =) I guess it's better to just humor them than try to change them. While I could go without some of the grosser aspects of being married to a man, I wouldn't trade him in for a women any day! Haha. =)

Thanks for having me Autumn. =)

Montaya said...

Such a great post the things that out husband do, even if they are a little TMI. You have gained a follower Mrs. Robinson.

Laura Wilson said...

haha I love this!

Also I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award here: http://northwestgrits.blogspot.com/2012/06/versatile-blogger.html

Amanda said...

This is a great post... I love it! I could add my 2 cents but i'm afraid I would embarrass myself. LOL. By the way, i'm with Laura, I nominated you for an award too :)
http://talesfromfar.blogspot.com/2012/06/dancin-for-joy-versatile-blogger.html

afraley226 said...

Thanks so much girlie!!!! Im going to put up my acceptance post ASAP!

afraley226 said...

Thanks lady!!! I'm going to do my acceptance post ASAP!! :)